REMOVE FROM THIS WORLD THE ART OF WRITING, AND YOU'LL PROBABLY REMOVE ITS GLORY
(A Collection of steel and gold nibs * Paris, 1984)
** SUMMARY **
AAJ USA Articles AAJ Italy
The TAO Saxophone on Tour
CD Liner Notes
Gilles writes daily: personal remarks, taking notes of events witnessed in the streets, jotting down dreams and realities, documenting small "things," seeing many details that happen to be right there -- numbers, words, colors, sounds -- which, more than often, remain unnoticed by many. Observing and writing is one of his special gifts.
** AUTHOR **
- The Servant of the Light, English version of L'Initiateur 1 (written in French by Serge Marjollet, 2000), published in January 2003 by iUniverse (translator and co-author), see website with its 'Thought of the Day'
- Let's Call This...The Bath — Steve Lacy on Tour (1995-2006) about American Composer and Saxophonist Steve Lacy.
- Liner notes of two Steve Lacy's double-CD albums, The Rent (Cavity Search, 1999) and Snips (Jazz Magnet, 2000), as well as a rediscovered trio concert in Milano from 1977, Lost in June (Ictus, 2012)
Will Holshouser's Singing to a Bee (Cleanfeed, 2006), Ken Filiano's Dreams from a Clown Car (Cleanfeed, 2010), Gianni Mimmo + Daniel Levin's Turbulent Flow (Amirani Records, 2012)
soon to be released: Joe McPhee + Joe Giardullo + Gilles' Live 2005 trio concert in Antwerp Three for Lacy (CJ Records, 2013)
and Liner Notes of his own CD releases Jump & Flee!, Dreams and Moments of Life (Selfgratifying Productions, 1998, 2005 and 2008)
- Three poetry books: Angeline (2000), Déjà Vu (2002) and A Karmic Lesson (2005), see Poetry
- In preparation : A Path to Light, Daily Meditations with the 72 Angels
** CONTRIBUTOR **
- to the book The Spiritual Significance of Music, World Edition, see text of "interview", Justin St. Vincent, Editor (published in January 2009)
- to Steve Lacy's website since 1995, see Concert Reviews
“Honorary” member of the “Senators” association, Steve Lacy's music modus operandi whose purpose and mandate were to promote the music of Steve Lacy. Visit Steve Lacy's webside http://Stevelacymusic.org
- to profile; wrote articles about Steve Lacy and Japan, published in All About Jazz USA and All About Jazz Italy
- to the monthly "Jazz Improv NY," wrote articles about :
- Dom Minasi, Kenny Wessel, Lou Grassi, Eivind Opsvik, pages 9 & 12 of October 2005 issue of Jazz Improv NY
- The Moutin Reunion quartet at the Jazz Standard, page 9 of November 2005 issue of Jazz Improv NY
- Tony Malaby's NYC October gigs : "Seven equations/one common denominator," pages 14 and 15 of the December 2005 issue of Jazz Improv NY
- to Downtown Music Gallery's website, review of Steve Lacy's double CD "Early and late" (Cuneiform 250/251) see review
** UNPUBLISHED WORKS **
- Reflections on travel: two essays on Bolivia, How an impromptu vacation turned into a spiritual journey (2000) and The Bolivian altiplano: a portal to heaven (2001), which reveal his universal faith.
For photos (August 2000 + June 2001) see Bolivia
- Reflections on metaphysics: "Is there such thing as coincidence?" (2004) intended for the magazine Psychology Today, see Essays
- Review of the trio RENKU at Barbès (Brooklyn), Michael Attias, John Hébert and Satoshi Takeshi, article written for Jazz Improv, see Unpublished Works
| Books | Liner Notes | Concert Reviews | Essays | Unpublished Works |
| Return Home | Architecture & Planning | Fine Arts | Writing | Poetry | Music | Photography | Theater | Contact |